If you are going to visit South India or willing to visit the southern part of Indian then you must visit and check the Coorg temperature and some of the best places to visit in Coorg.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Places to visit in Coorg Temperature | Koorg –
- 2 Top 10 Best Places to visit in Coorg Temperature for Coorg Sightseeing –
- 2.1 1. Gaddige or Raja’s Tomb, Coorg
- 2.2 2. Karada Village near Koorg
- 2.3 3. Tadiandamol Trek, Koorg
- 2.4 Things to do in Coorg
- 2.5 4. Suntikoppa, Coorg
- 2.6 5. Padi Igguthappa Temple, Coorg
- 2.7 6. Nalknad Aramane Palace, Coorg
- 2.8 7. Abbey Falls, Coorg
- 2.9 *Also Watch This: Top 10 Travelling Apps Every Traveller Should Have
- 2.10 8. Dubare Elephant Camp, Coorg
- 2.11 9. Honnamana Kere Lake, Coorg
- 2.12 10. Mallalli Falls, Coorg
Best Places to visit in Coorg Temperature | Koorg –
Madikeri or Mercara, the capital of Coorg is one of the biggest tourist places in South India.
- Madikeri is a hill town in the southern part of India. It is been decorated by the Western Ghats mountain. It is known for the Raja’s Seat, which is a simple monument overlooking forests and rice paddies.
- Nearby, the domed Omkareshwar Temple is dedicated to the Hindu deity Shiva which is one of the most popular and best tourist places in India.
The northwest area is covered with Abbey Falls which is so soothing in looking nature love and surrounded by spice plantations.
There are so many attractions in and around Madikeri that you are going to love these places. If you love historic places or romantic places or any other type then you should read this article.
So You are looking to stay in Coorg for sightseeing, then Here are our chosen top 10 best places to visit in Coorg temperature which you should visit.
- Top 10 Best place to visit in Coorg
- Coorg Temperature
- Things to do Coorg
- Coorg Sightseeing
- Buy Traditional Clothes & Accessories
Top 10 Best Places to visit in Coorg Temperature for Coorg Sightseeing –
1. Gaddige or Raja’s Tomb, Coorg
If you love historic places then you are going to enjoy Raja’s tomb. Gaddige or popularly known as Raja’s Tomb is built according to the Indo-Saracenic style of architecture. This tomb was dates back to 1820.
It basically consists of three tombs combine. The tomb which is in the center of the Kodava King Doddaveerarajendra and his wife Mahadeviamma and the other two tombs are for the Chikkaveerajendra’s father and his guru, Rudrappa.
A few meters from the tombs you will also find a temple known as Muttappa Temple which is one of the best places to visit in Coorg temperature.
|Entry Time :||9:30am – 5:30pm|
|Entry Fee :||Rs. 2 per person|
2. Karada Village near Koorg
Overview | Coorg temperature
Are you looking for a wild beauty of nature?
If so, then Karada is the best place for you to visit during the Coorg temperature tour. It is a small village in the Kakkabe region and also very close to the kakkabe center of the Coorg district. Karada offers a very different kind of experience to their tourist.
It is been located approximately 30 km from Madikeri, and a distance of 18 km from Virajpet.
You will come through amazing scenic beauty and refreshing atmosphere in this place. It is not a very popular tourist place but it offers amazing wild beauty and gives you a very soft touch of Mother Nature.
Their area is covered with coffee-estates which fill this area with its aroma and tourist always refers to this as the best places to visit in Coorg Temperature.
3. Tadiandamol Trek, Koorg
Overview | Coorg Sightseeing
Want to see Coorg from height?
Then why not Tadiandamol? It has a height of approx. 1746 meters above sea level of Karnataka.
Tadiandamol is the highest peak of Koorg district of Karnataka and that’s the reason that it’s the best tourist place in Coorg sightseeing for scene seekers.
Things to do in Coorg
It is also the second-highest mountain in the whole Karnataka state. and located just at a distance of 8 km from Kakkabe and approximately 35 km from Madikeri.
The peak gives an amazing opportunity for trekking lovers. The peak is just 30 km away from Virajpet.
|Best Time||Early Winter|
|Best Month||December to May|
4. Suntikoppa, Coorg
While visiting places to see in Coorg, one can also explore Suntikoppa/Sunticoppa is a very beautiful place in itself and contains beauty in every corner.
- It is located on the road to Kushalnagar and 15km toward the east from Madikeri.
- The place offers you a quality of time and unforgettable memories. It is also preferred as a good picnic spot.
- You can come across the tourist for the huge expanse of coffee and spices plantation.
- The area is full of trees and plantation so different types of birds can be seen and it is a good place for bird watchers.
The place is also famous for its romantic scene, beautiful weather and its Coorg temperature which is the best place for lovers and they can spend a good time with each other.
Things to do in Coorg
You will also find Ayyappa Temple which is a popular temple of that place and many religious tourist visits that place.
If you drive towards Kushalnagar from Madikeri you will reach Suntikoppa as it is about 15 km from there. There is also an accommodation facility like cottages, hotels, etc.
So this is the best tourist place in Coorg for both lovers and tourists who love to see a variety of flora and fauna.
5. Padi Igguthappa Temple, Coorg
Padi Igguthappa Temple situated in Kakkabe town was built by Lingarajendra in the year 1810.
It is one of the ancient temples and holds very importance amongst Kodavas. It is in Igguthappadevara Betta in Aiyengeri forest which is about 45 km from Madikeri city towards Virajpet.
This temple is an architectural designed dedicated to Lord Iguthappa. This temple holds an important role in the culture and traditions of Kodavas.
Things to do in Coorg
During the month of March, a special annual festival occurs in this place. In this temple, devotees weight themselves against fruits, sugar, coconuts, rice, etc.
You can also use a private bus facility to reach the temple from Madikeri, Virajpet, and Napoklu. Otherwise, you can use private vehicles for comfort.
Entry Time- 5:30am – 2:00pm and 6:00pm – 7:00pm
If you like reading this post on Top 10 Best Places to visit in Coorg Temperature |Coorg Temperature or Koorg, Subscribe Us and comment below
6. Nalknad Aramane Palace, Coorg
Do you want to experience life in a palace?
Then you can visit the Nalknad Armane Palace. It is located near a village named Yavakapdi in the kakkabe town of the Coorg region.
- It is 45 km from Madikeri.
- This palace was build in the year 1792 by Dodda Virarajendra who was a Haleri ruler.
- During the year 1796, Dodda Virarajendra married Mahadev Ammaji in this place.
- The history of this palace is amazing. Dodda Virarajendra built this palace after he escaped from Tippu sultan’s troop and thus there is an underground tunnel inside the palace which ends at Madikeri.
Things to do in Coorg
There are many different stories related to this palace which depict various historic events. The emperor Chikkaveera Rajendra also took shelter here during the time of the British invasion.
The palace is an impressive structure and thus is one of the best tourist places in Coorg temperature. There is a giant gate at the palace.
Inside the palace, you will also find a Kalyana mandapa which is also been used to hold marriage ceremonies.
7. Abbey Falls, Coorg
Do you want some aquatic beauty or want to feel sprinkle of water droplet on your face?
here is one of my favorite places to see in Coorg and that is Abbey Falls or Abbi Falls which is situated 1 km from Madikeri. So being so close to Madikeri and having a wonderful atmosphere, it is one of the best tourist places in Coorg sightseeing.
This waterfall is famous for its natural beauty and it is also a very good picnic spot. In older days this fall was also known as Jesse falls.
This fall is located between the natural greenery of coffee plantations and spice estates which enhance the beauty and tourist gathering of this place because of its stunning beauty. You will be able to hear the roaring sound of the water from the roadside only.
|Best Time||Early Winter because during the monsoon water flow is high|
|Entry Time||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Entry Fee||Rs. 15 per person|
*Also Watch This: Top 10 Travelling Apps Every Traveller Should Have
8. Dubare Elephant Camp, Coorg
So here we are for wildlife enthusiastic tourist with wildlife tour for an amazing experience. This Camp is near the banks of River Kaveri in Coorg.
- This camp is an attraction point for tourists, especially wildlife enthusiasts from all over the world.
- It provides tourists with an opportunity to be close to elephants and get engage with them in various activities related to them.
- Not only interaction but you can also get mesmerize natural settings consisting of lush greenery and refreshing environment to spend some memorable days.
The elephant camp at Dubare is undertaken by forest department and jungle lodges and resorts.
These elephants are trained under naturalists and these naturalists are going to assist you with details of elephant’s history, and biology and their habituation. The best part of this place is that you are allowed to take part in various activities for three hours.
You are allowed to give bath to elephants in the Kaveri river, feeding them with ragi, jaggery. banana and at last you can go for a ride on them.
|Entry Time||24 hours|
|Entry Fee (For Indians)||Rs 800|
|Entry Fee (For Foreigners)||Rs 1437|
9. Honnamana Kere Lake, Coorg
Want to feel the breeze on your face?
If yes then Honnamana Lake is a must for you. It is one of the most popular and best tourist places in Coorg temperature which I think you should visit.
Being the largest lake in Coorg, Honnaman Lake attracts a lot of tourists every year.
It is been located near to the village of Sulimalthe which is at a distance of about 6 km from Somwarpet.
This place is not only famous for its natural beauty but it is also a religious spot as it is named after Goddess Honnamma.
After having some good time at the lake, tourists can visit other beautiful tourist spots in the town of Somwarpet.
10. Mallalli Falls, Coorg
These falls are also good for trekking and according to trekkers, this is the best tourist place in Coorg temperature.
Trekkers are going to come across interesting routes with beautiful settings around them. The surrounding makes the experience all the more interesting and enjoyable for trekking lovers.
The falls at the foot of Pushpagiri peak and trekking are going to enhance your overall Coorg tourist experience.
Located at the foot of Pushpagiri Hill Ranges, Mallalli Falls is also one of the top 10 best places to visit in Coorg Temperature to spend some time. It is near Bettadahalli Gram Panchayat of Somwarpet.
Mallalli Falls are created when River Kumaradhara. It drips down from the peak of Pushpagiri Peak, which is at the height of approximately 200 feet.
Entry Time- 9:00am – 5:00pm
Hope you will enjoy these best places to visit in Coorg Temperature or Koorg in South India.